Humayun’s Tomb Delhi -Best Place to Visit In Delhi
Delhi one of the best tourist place to visit, Some of the most Famous Heritage Site Is here and I am going to share my travel guide for the Famous Heritage site The Humayun Tomb.
Let’s begin the journey to explore Taj Mahal’s Blueprint –Humayun’s Tomb Complex
When entering from the entrance of the west we first visit The Humayun’s Tomb through the Bu Halima’s Enclosure. The height of the gate would amaze you at the start and while your journey to humayun tomb ( main Tomb) the view would reminds you The love symbol Taj Mahal.
- Humayun’s tomb is the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun in Delhi, India. Later the tomb was mandated by Humayun’s son Akbar (1569-70).
- Humayun tomb designed by , A Persian architect Mirak Mirza Ghiyas.
- It was the first garden-tomb on theIndian subcontinent.
- This the graveyard of the family of Taimur,Humayun the emperor and son of Babur.
- It was also the first structure to use red sandstone at such a scale.
- The tomb was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993.
- It is one of the magnificent art of Mughal architecture, and Humayun tomb surrounded with a very unique quadrilateral design Charbagh garden somewhere it just looks alike Persian garden technique,The four Pathway reflects the four rivers that flow in The Heaven or Jannat.it is the first time in India when a Persian type of garden was designed.
- A very beautiful Humayun’s tomb was chosen on the bank of Yamuna river.
- The most interesting things are the very famous Nizamuddin Dargah(the mausoleum of the Sufi saint of Delhi Nizamuddin Auliya) is just near(1km-0.6m) to The tomb Humayun. Many numbers of tourist and Believers are coming to visit here daily.
How To Reach Humayun Tomb
Location- Near crossing of Mathura Road & Lodhi Road.Opposite to Nizamuddin Dargah.
Metro-JLN Stadium metro (Violet Line)
Opening Time- Daily Sunrise to Sunrise
Entry Fee- ₹ 30(Indians),₹500(foreigners)
There various Hidden Complexes around the main tomb, one should walk through all these parts of the Humayun’s Tomb. They are also magnificent structure and architecture just like the main tomb.Here is the list of some of the most famous complexes:-
Isa Khan Niazi
Isa Khan Niazi was an Afgan noble in the court of Sher Shah Suri and his son Islam Shah Suri,Of the Sur Dynasty, He belonged to a Pashtoon Family,who fought the Mughal Empire. It was the time when Lodhi’s completely dominated the subcontinent. Isa Khan Niazi was born In 1453, He died in 1548 at the age of 95 in Delhi.
Isa Khan’s tomb was built during his lifetime (1547-48 AD). It is situated near the Mughal Emperor Humayun’s Tomb complex & Built in the middle of an enclosed octagonal garden.
Barber’s tomb is the only tomb built inside the Charbagh including the main tomb It is just proximal to the Humayun’s Tomb. It has a mosque and two graves too, but there is no evidence about these graves. It said tomb, that this Tomb dedicated to the Humayun’s barber but there is no evidence. Another important thing is that there a number 999 carved on the one of the graves inside the tomb there may relate to the established date of the monument. From my opinion every big and small Heritage has their own charm whether it is famous or not doesn’t matter we always curious to know the interesting facts about the sites.
The tomb built of rubble masonry and red sandstone, uses white marble also.there are beautiful lattice screens (jaalis), door frames etc.Inside view of the dome reminds us the quality Architecture of Mughal style. Humayun’s Tomb is one of the first structures in India to use a double dome.That’s sure to win over your heart, Once you visit here you would come again and again.
I love to here from you 🙂 you can comment the suggetions & feedback at the comment box below.
Read More Topics:-