Best Travel Tips For Taj Mahal Visit
We all love traveling around the world but nowadays while traveling people make sure they should have enough information about the place.So here I am going to give you some of my Best travel tips hope it will help you. All the attractions place has been individually visit by me.
1) Taj Mahal Opening Hours
- Taj Mahal visiting hours are from Sunrise to Sunset and Its remain closed on every Friday.
- There are separates queues for domestic tourists & foreigner tourists, people can find their rows accordingly.
- People can spend many hours before the closing time.
2) Entry fee-
Tickets are available all the day from the Western & Eastern gates and At the Southern gate tickets are available from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Entry free for the children below the age 15 ( Indians and foreigners).
- Taj Museum entry is free and timing is 10.am to 5.pm.
- If you want buy online tickets then you can visit on websites of ASI (Archaeological survey of India).
3) Different Entry Gates-
- There are three entry gates in The Taj Mahal –Eastern,western,south.
- Parking facilities available at western gates and eastern gates.
4) Night View Of Taj Mahal
- Night view of Taj Mahal is available only three to five days in a month of full moon night and two nights before full moon day and after full moon days.
- Tickets are available for 24 hrs one day before full moon night view 10.am to 6.pm at Archaeological survey of India (22, The Mall Rd, Agra, Uttar Pradesh).
- Maximum 400 peoples are allowed to visit on night view.
- All visitors are divided into 8 batches including 50 people each and there is a time limit for every batch; they allowed only 30 minutes to view Taj Mahal at night view.
- Night view of Taj Mahal would remain close on every Friday and the month of Ramadan so do prepared.
5) Night view fee-
- Child (3-5 years) -Rs.500/-
6) Budget Hotels Near Taj Mahal-
- Budget hotels available near South gate of Taj Mahal.
- For luxury hotels You can explore eastern gate of Taj Mahal.
7) How To Reach Taj Mahal
- The city of Taj Mahal Agra is 204 km away from New Delhi.
- One can reach by train from Delhi in 2 to 3 hrs also by road 4 to 5 hrs.
- Also you can book a taxi or bus.
- Quickest way to reach Taj Mahal with comfort is Gatiman Express a semi high speed train It takes 1.40 mins to reach agra cantt railway station.You can also travel Famous chair car train Taj Express and Shatabdi Express.
- Taj Mahal is 10.km away from main Agra Cantt railway station.
- Another railway station is Agra Fort railway station it is also near from Taj Mahal.
- From nearest station you can take tuk-tuk or Rikshaw for the Taj Mahal too.
8) Appropriate Time to Visit Agra
- The best time to visit Agra is during the cool and dry season between October and March. Expect a monsoon season in July to September. Before October and after March the weather will get really hot. But in winter temperature can get very cold, mostly at night so do be prepared according to weather mood.
9) Prohibited Items
- Electronics things are not allowed in the entrance of Taj Mahal, sharp objects, candies, chocolates, food, cigarettes, lighters should not be carried. Still Cameras are allowed.
- Large bags such as backpacks are not allowed into the Taj Mahal.
- Some electronic stuff is not allowed inside The Taj Mahal like- Cigarettes, Lighter, Calculator, Knife, sharp tools, Big Bag Etc.
- A Tripod is not allowed inside the Taj mahal.
- Food stuff also not allowed in Taj Mahal.
- One can carry video camera but it may cost charges so better to inquire before entry.
- Photography is prohibited inside the main mausoleum.
10) Other things to remember
- There are lockers facilities too .Lockers are located outside the gate. You can use in case you bring prohibited things with you.
- Better not to take unnecessary items with you in the first place.
- Ones can face heavy traffic during days when there is a full moon. During Full moon ones can book ticket one day before to view the Taj Mahal.
- During your travel always use a well-sealed water bottle, so be safe!
- If you want to buy some goods from here (markets, nearby premises of the monuments) you can negotiate for that Item.
- Avoid buy from roadside sellers it might be fake Always recommended to buy things from some reputed main markets only because most of these items are cheap but not last long.
- Beware of the monkeys-They seem to be lovely animals, but they can be aggressive.
- If possible Avoid going on Saturday morning You might miss the Perfect Taj Mahal view/shot because a water fountain runs that time and surroundings area would be crowded.
- While travelling keeps your luggage or pockets safe from pickpockets. Always walk some little distance against the crowd.
- If People want to see the real graves of Shahjahan and Mumtaz they can visit on the month of Urs (nuptial ceremony) the grave chamber would open three days in a year.
- Heavy Traffic sometimes can give you break so try to start travel early in the morning and make sure your return should be complete before the dark.
- Sometime Touts or guides trying to offer you packages avoid if not necessary. Travelers are advised to hire approved guides and photographers with their essential Identities proofs.
- If some people helping you to take photos, it’s not free and they will ask you for money after that. – You can try little the roadside food, You should taste once At least it’s tasty don’t eat large it may upset your stomach. But many people eat daily these food stuff so don’t think too much about it.
I am feeling happy to share this information hope you will encourage me to write more interesting and also informative blogs ahead.
HAPPY TRAVEL 🙂